- Special Savings Account
- Term deposit (DAT)
- Housing Savings Plan
- Project Savings Plan
Any individual can save with BICIM.
No! It is not compulsory to designate a beneficiary for the savings account.
Yes! You can withdraw part of your funds during the term of the contract.
The maximum amount that can be paid into a savings account is FCFA 10,000,000.
Yes! At BICIM, a minor can have a savings account under certain conditions.
No, no charges are deducted from the amount held in the savings account; the bank pays interest at 3.5% per annum.
Yes, you can make withdrawals from your special savings account.
BICIM offers a joint savings account.
- 2 passport photos
- Your valid CNI or passport or NINA card
- Proof of address: an electricity, water or telephone bill in your name, or proof of accommodation with a copy of the host's ID and the bill, or proof of employment or an employment contract for private-sector employees, or proof of employment for civil servants.
You must have a current account attached to your account, unless you are opening an account for a minor. To apply, contact your advisor.
The special savings account has a regulated rate of interest (currently 3.5%) per year on deposits of up to FCFA 10,000,000.
For the special savings account, the minimum transfer is 5,000. A minimum amount of 15,000 FCFA must be kept on deposit.
A term deposit (DAT) is a savings instrument that allows you to invest funds over the short or medium term at a rate of interest fixed in advance. A term deposit is a secure, high-performance investment.
Any individual or legal entity with an account at BICIM can take out a term deposit (DAT). You can contact your advisor to make your request.
There are no management fees for term deposits.
No. You cannot withdraw money from your DAT account.
The minimum amount required to open a DAT is FCFA 10,000,000.
BICIM has set up a project savings plan to help you at the most important times in your life. This plan is an interest-bearing savings scheme that will eventually give you access to consumer credit on favourable terms. It's a secure, high-performance investment that allows you to build up an initial contribution with the aim of carrying out a medium-term project.
The benefits of the project savings plan include
- Helping you to save at your own pace; you choose the amount you pay in yourself
- Anticipate major expenditure by preparing the ground for a loan
- Grow your income with a minimum of risk
To qualify for a project savings plan, you must :
- Hold a current account with BICIM.
- Apply to your customer adviser, who will help you to fill in your application form.
- Make an initial deposit of 20,000 into the account. There are no management fees.
- Minimum deposit: FCFA 5,000
- Ceiling: 2,000,000 FCFA
- Current interest rate: CSE rate + 0.25%/year
At the end of the project savings plan,
- You can apply for a loan for an amount equivalent to double the capital.
- This entitles you to a loan at a rate of 8% or 9%, depending on the length of the savings period
- You can borrow up to twice the capital deposited, excluding interest
- Cannot exceed FCFA 4,000,000
- Two options to choose from: 12 months - 24 months
- You can extend the savings period once for a further 12 months.
With the home savings plan, you can prepare for your property project, save at your own pace, benefit from attractive interest rates and finance the purchase, construction, acquisition or renovation of your home.
- Be an individual BICIM customer with a current account
- Only one home savings plan account per individual
- An initial deposit of FCFA 50,000 must be paid into the home savings plan.
- The minimum initial deposit is FCFA 20,000
- Withdrawals are not permitted unless the contract is terminated
- Bank interest is subject to creditor income tax
The plan runs for a minimum of 3 years, with the option to extend for a further one or two years, up to a maximum of 5 years in total.
The home savings plan is made up of :
- A savings phase followed by a property loan phase
- A rate of interest of 5% per annum
- a maximum limit of 20,000,000 FCFA
- A bonus equivalent to 1.5% of the capital saved if you do not miss any contributions during the term of the contract.
To qualify for a home savings plan, you must have a maximum of 20,000,000 FCFA in savings, excluding interest.
For a guaranteed return, a fixed annual rate of the CSE rate + 0.25% per annum is applied if there is no early withdrawal.
- By standing order transfers from your current account
- By authorised exceptional transfers if they exceed the regular payments
The minimum deposit for a home loan is 20,000 FCFA/month.
Yes, if you give up the loan, you can get your funds back: capital built up + interest.
At the end of your contract, the home savings plan entitles you to :
- A loan at a preferential rate of 8%.
- You can borrow up to twice the capital deposited, excluding interest, up to a maximum of FCFA 40,000,000.